Hello my lovely friends!!

Oh my goodness I am so excited to see Julie and her children. It has been so hard these past few weeks waiting for the day that she would arrive. So, on monday when she called and said that she was on the road and the three hour timer was set.

We flew through the house with brooms, cleaning cloths, and scrub brushes. Each person had a list of what they had to clean or straiten up. It was really wonderful to see everyone come together in an effort to make sure that our home was tidy and welcoming for our guests.

Then we go the call that Julie was in Austin city limits!! We were all atwitter. Yipee!! Wohooo!! Rang loud and clear through out our house.

The minutes ticked by, agonizing minute by excruciating minute. (Can you feel it??)

We jumped up at the sound of every car that passed by. Have you ever wondered why so many cars come down your road when you are expecting someone. I am not kidding you when I tell you that a billjilion cars came down our road in that thirty mins. ;)

Finally, they pulled up in front of the house we all ran out side to greet them. Julie and I hugged for a biljilion mins. (like my new measurement) ;) It was nice to hug her after ten years.
For a few mins I just could not bear to let go.

We have had hours of conversation shared meals and of course lot's of hugs.;) Of course we stayed up much to late. He he he Adult slumber parties are the BEST!!

I wish you all a wonderful homeschooling week. I apologize in advance for my sparce posting this week. I will catch up with you all later this week. I am sure I will have plenty to talk about. Till then have a blessed and happy week.

A Poem to celebrate reconnecting with Julie and her family.

Friends so quickly come
And friends sometimes go
But if a friendship is true
It will always continue to grow.

For the qualities of a friend
Are too many to describe,
But one thing is certain
They're never hard to find.

Always remember that
Friends have feelings too,
Don't forget little things that matter
Like saying please, and thank you.

They often do so much
To help us out everyday,
Which is definitely why
Friends are needed in every way.

So take not for granted
The qualities of your friends,
For you never know
When you may see them again.

Comments (4)

On February 11, 2009 at 6:31 AM , Judy Dudich said...

So happy for you!!!...but it's killing me...did I miss something?

WHO IS JULIE?!? LOL

 
On February 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous said...

we want pictures!!! :D

 
On February 11, 2009 at 11:39 AM , Anonymous said...

I am Julie! Haley and I became friends "Long ago, in a far away place." LOL. We lost touch for several years and are thrilled to be back in touch again. I'm sure she will fill you in!

 
On February 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous said...

Hey it's Nicola from Facebook..I'm stopping by to say Hello from the UK woooo hooo my friend thanks for being there xx