I am feeling the need to return to some sorta normalcy. So, I am posting my purposed menu of the week. Though with having a guest and doing activities who knows what will happen. ;)

Monday:
  • Orange chicken and vegetable fried rice
  • tomato soup and grilled cheese
  • omeletes du fromage (cheese omelets)
Tuesday:
  • Pinto beans, collard greens
  • mac & cheese with ranch taco's
  • cereal
Wednesday:
  • Crockpot meat loaf mashed potatoes gravy peas
  • Tuna melts with chips
  • French toast
Thursday:
  • Bean burritos & rice with mixed vegetables
  • Nachos
  • cereal
Friday:
  • Chili cornbread and rice
  • Ramen
  • Oatmeal with apples and raisins
Saturday:

  • My favorite night--LeftOvers!!
  • Hot dogs w/buns and fries
  • Bagels with cream cheese

As someone who has been to culinary school I have to tell you, I secretly long to cook foods that my children just will not eat. I am happy with the vast array of foods that my kids will eat. I am so very blessed that they are so willing to try new foods.

Field trip!!
Guess where we are going tomorrow?? We are going to Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. The kids and I are so excited. The greatest part is that all the animals are free roaming. There are over 500 animals from 40 species. Many of the animals are endangered or threatened species. Part of what the ranch is famous for their very successful breading programs. How cool right?? Since the animals are all free roaming you fill up your car with eager animal watchers and drive through the ranch on the designated trails and when you see some animals you want to look at you stop and stay there as long as you like oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you they give you a bag of food that you can feed the little critters when they wander on over to your car!! How cool is that. We are going to be snapping pictures left and right. I hope to have some pretty good ones for you tomorrow. Here is a link for you to look at till we have pictures for you to see. www.wildliferanchtexas.com

I am happy to report that Safety Girl has managed to keep her eye safe and sound today thank's to her swim goggles that she will not leave the house wearing. The folks at church were tickled pink at the sight of her wearing them.
Have a great day tomorrow.

Comments (2)

On February 3, 2009 at 9:20 AM , christine said...

i feel ya on the "longing to cook thinks that my children ( read: HUSBAND) will not eat."... i figure though, when baby comes, there will be three of us "normal" eaters and only one picky mcpicktster, so i should then be able to justify making him "just pick out the green stuff" right? under the guise of making sure our kids don't turn into 29 year olds that have never tasted lettuce? ( he seriously hasn't)

 
On February 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM , Anonymous said...

Yes I'm happy that my girls are always up to try something new, and there are very few things that they don't like. I have to say though that one of the things they don't like is gravy, and man oh man, that just kills me!! *LOL* Okay, I can suffer through mashed potatoes with no gravy, but to not have creamed chipped beef on toast?? Or hamburger gravy on potatoes?? *LOL* Ahh well, other than no gravy, dd9 doesn't like cheese, and dd7 doesn't like stuffing.