Today I thought I would post some recipes. I hope you all enjoy these. I also wanted to apologize for yesterday's dead link. If you type 599sherlockholmes into google search it will be the first result option. Please let me know if you all have any problems. OK now onto the recipes.

SOS over mashed potatoes.
This recipe was taught to me by my mother. It was my favorite meal when I was a kid. My mother learned it when she was a girl scout in the 60's.
2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey
2 cups grated carrots
2 TBS of gravy master or kitchen bouquet or a packet or two of gravy mix
1 cup of flour water slurry
4 cups of broth or bouillon dissolved in water
To Taste salt and pepper
you can add what ever your favorite spices you like. My favorites are garlic, paprika, parsley,and a splash of soy sauce.
In a large pan cook the ground meat till there is no more pink. Drain the meat. I keep about 1 or 2 tbs of this yummy stuff naughty huh??. Add your grated carrots to the cooked meat. This is where I add all the spices I am gonna add. Add the gravy master or equivalent. Stir all of this together to incorporate. Next pour in the broth. Let this all boil for 15 mins or till the carrots are tender. If you are using gravy mix add it now and stir till it is completely dissolved. It should thicken up nicely. If you are adding a slurry add once the carrots are tender. Stir till a nice gravy forms. Turn off the burner and let the SOS sit on the stove for a few mins too cool. We want to serve dinner not lava. LOL I serve this several different ways. 1. over mashed potatoes 2. over rice 3. over toast 4. over baked potatoes. I bet you can come up with other ways to serve this. I really hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I do. Ok except for Lukas.

I also love this recipe so I thought I would share it.

Crock pot chicken
1 whole chicken
1-2 cups of water
2 TBS of soy sauce
2 TBS of bouillon
and your favorite spices.
My combo is: garlic powder, paprika, pepper, parsley, chili powder, Italian herb mix.

This is soooooooo simple. You put the water, the bouillon, and soy sauce in the crock pot. Stir all of this to combine. Place the chicken into the liquid and then cover with your spices. Put the lid on and turn the crock pot on low, and cook 8-12 hours. I personally like to let it cook all night. In the morning I take the chicken out of the crock pot and let it cool. When the chicken is cooled remove the meat from the bones. Viola you have plenty of cooked chicken on hand for any number of recipes. I usually make soup the first day and Tetrazini the next day and some sorta casserole on the third day. If I find chickens on sale I will cook all of them over a few days and portion and freeze the meat.

Today Julie and her family boarded the plane bound for Japan. I am so excited for her. I am also very sad that it will be a while till I get to talk to her and even longer before I will get to see her. I would like for you all to pray for safe travels and for getting set up with an apartment and a car.

Our garden is sprouting!! With all the rain we have had our garden is blooming and so are my plum and fig trees. I am so happy to see all of this beautiful foliage. I guess you could say my yard is bursting with life. What a wonderful time of year. There is new life all around us, kittens, flowers, trees, and our garden. WOW!!

Comments (1)

On March 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM , Judy Dudich said...

You are making me hungry again!!! Mmmmm, I can almost smell that chicken!