Wow!! What a long day today has been. With a visit from Nana looming on the horizon our house was all a twitter with anticipation and frantic cleaning. LOL There was no use in trying to do school work today after all who can be expected to sit and concentrate on school work when their Nana will be available for hugging in just one day.

I hope you all like the new look of my blog. It was my first attempt at changing the look to something other than a canned template. Well folks, let me tell you in my attempt there were gasps of "oh my goodness I lost my profile" and "where in the heck did my followers go" and of course there was "Baby?? Are you busy I think I just ruined my blog". LOL I am happy to say that I learned a lot from the experience.

I got a new laptop!! Well, new to me at least. A family member gave it to us. It is a little slow compared to the one my husband has and I am used to but, it's mine all mine. Bwwaaahaaaahaaaaa Ok so I guess it's pretty evident that I am not a very good sharer. ;)

I just have to say how much I love the Netflix subscription that mother was kind enough to give us as a family Christmas present. We love the instant watch section. We have lots of fun watching the MANY documentaries they have a very pleasant addition to our Friday school schedule. My kids really like the cartoons (they even have ones that my husband and I watched as kids) and there is even a faith/religion section. I have had a wonderful time watching "keeping Up Appearances" and the "Munsters" this past week.

I just have to tell you a little more about our new kitty Marmalade. She climbed into bed with us last night!! She loves to be pet. She learned how to use the litter box in 2 days. She is funny as all get out when she plays with her toy mouse. I am really happy that we decided to take her in.

As you all know we will be moving soon. Well, my husband was pretty worried about what we were gonna do for an income. Today he called his boss and explained that we would be moving soon and that he would really like to keep his job and was there anyway that he could work from our new house (a 4 hour drive from where we are now). His boss said "funny you should ask that, I just got the word that the company wants our division to work from home". My husband was so happy. When my husband got off the phone with his boss and told me what was going on he said "Isn't it awesome how when you are doing what God wants you to do he takes care of all the details for you." I am so happy that the Lord is really giving us peace about this and that he is really putting all the pieces in place.

Well, thats all I have to say tonight but, I'll be back in tomorrow. ;)

Comments (2)

On January 27, 2009 at 5:55 AM , Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

I like the new blog layout Haley! I can totally relate to "I think I lost my blog etc" I recently twiked mine and I think I can live with it... LOL but I did end up loosing my blog once do to me monkeying around trying to edit the layout. My homeschooling blog is actually my second one! I totally messed up the first one that I had to start completely over. So word of advice...make sure you back up your blog before you do some editing. That way if it doesn't work you can always go back. I FAILED to do that that's why I had to completely start over. At least I learned from it, but I like to tell people so they don't have to learn the way I did. LOL. Anyways...Like the new lay out!!! LOOKS GOOD!!!!

 
On January 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM , Judy Dudich said...

I LOVE the new look Haley!
But...I'll stick with the canned template over on my blog...'cause when I ATTEMPTED to convert to three columns...well...my shrieks and gasps...and "PLEASE LORD HELP ME GET MY BLOG BACK"s were enough for me to say "I am out of my league here..I'll just keep the one I have"...and that was WITH downloading the template first...LOL

Anyway, tell me about INSTANT WATCH...

And HOORAY for you husband!!! And HOORAY for you both in doing God's Will (even when I know it weighs heavy on your heart a bit)...YOU WILL BE BLESSED HALEY!

I TOTALLY want to come over to your house on Fridays!