I know that it's Friday and it is supposed to be freebie Friday but,My sweet sweet sister in-law has passed away yesterday afternoon under tragic circumstances.
She leaves behind two young children ages 7 & 9 her husband, mother, step-father,father,2 brothers, 5 aunts,countless cousins, nieces and nephews, and me.
I really love my sister in-law. When my in-laws did not like me when I first married their son my sister in-law did. She was the one in the family who calls everyone when ever an event happened and she always new all the details.
She was the kind of person who people could say I have no food or I have no place to live, I need a sitter, I need..... Her response was always to find, fix, or resolve your problem. She was this way with everyone she new not just family!
When mother in-law called and told us the news she left out all the details. Our immediate reaction was to call my sister in-law after all she will now what happened......
My sister in-law loved to play games weird cool games like pirates dice. She loved to tell me stories about my husband, like the time when she was four and he had to play with her and did not want to so he told her that he was gonna tie her to the tree and for her to wait there for him to rescue her................ needless to say he went off and played with his friends and came and got her when it was time to go in but, in her version you hear all about what happened to her while tied to the tree and she can spin a tale. She really had the story tale gift. She could weave a tale that would have you rolling with laughter, crying, or on the edge of your seat in intrigue.
I really feel for my in-laws you should never have to bury your child. I pray no one who ever reads this post will ever experience this tragedy.
I don't want to leave you with a heavy feeling so let me tell you a few things to cheer you up.
My sister in-law had a personal relationship with God, she was secure in her faith of God, so while here on earth we saw a tragedy happen, she entered into the presence of God! What a joyous occasion and how wonderful for her that she now knows all there is to know, and let me tell you she loves that she knows all! LOL
I am praying and ask for all of you pray as well that the children will be able to adjust and thrive and grow through all of this. Also, we are trying to convince their active duty military father that our home is the best place for them right now. My in-laws are trying to convince him of this also. The entire family feels this is the best option. He could continue to serve and provide medical and financial essentials for them while we help them deal with the mental effects of this and continue their homeschooling and provide for them a loving family environment. Please pray that God will show him and his heart what he has shown us.
Have a great weekend to you all!

Comments (3)

On January 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM , Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

I'm so sorry Haley...praying

 
On January 16, 2009 at 5:49 PM , Judy Dudich said...

What a beautiful tribute you have given her Haley. I like her, and I've never even met her.
I've learned from her, and I've never even met her. I rejoice with her, and I've never even met her...she was truly blessed to have YOU in HER life as well.

May God let you all know His will for the family, and may you each have the courage to do it whole-heartedly.

You are in my daily prayer.

 
On January 19, 2009 at 9:41 AM , Shawntele said...

Sorry for your loss.